Do you remember when was the last time you availed gutter cleaning services in London? Or do you believe in cleaning gutters manually? Regardless of the scenario, it is crucial to understand that gutter cleaning comprises an integral part of house maintenance. The reason is gutters are drainage systems of any commercial or residential property that transport water away from the home or office. Clogged gutters not only look unappealing but even give birth to scores of structural problems. That’s why it is recommended to clean gutters regularly just like doing other household chores such as cleaning windows, and mopping floors, to name a few.
It is true that as a common man you might have no idea about the right time to clean gutters. So, assorted below are tell-tale signs that indicate to go for the gutter cleaning for a London-based property.
- Water Stagnation: The problem of water stagnation takes place on the roof due to blocked gutters. Poor water flow not only gives an unappealing look but is capable of causing expensive structural damages to the property. If the clogging continues for a long duration, black mold and mildew formation take place which poses a serious health risk to family members.
- Sagging Gutters: The gutters should remain stable in every kind of commercial and residential building to prevent heavy structural damage. Gutter sagging is a clear indication of the clog in the downspout. The sagging takes place when enough dirt, roofing materials, or debris is collected inside it. So, if you notice that the angles of gutters are damaged or start pulling away from their original sides, hire professional gutter cleaning services immediately. Too much delay or overlooking the condition may lead to gutter replacement, which will burn a big hole in your pockets.
- Pest Infestation: Clogged gutters with wet debris, dirt, and unwanted elements act as a haven for pests, unwanted rodents, and birds. The decomposed leaves and stagnant water lead to moisture build-up and create a perfect environment for a nesting spot. So, if you observe that birds are perching on gutters more than often or termites or ants running around your home, it’s an alarming bell. Just remember, the quicker you will call London-based professional gutter cleaning services, the lesser opportunity you will give to pests to curb the overall appeal of your property.
- Roof & Basement Leakage: Leakage in the roof and basement is one of the biggest problems residents face due to clogged gutters. When gutters get blocked, rainwater does not drain and keeps accumulating on the roof. This eventually leads to roof and basement leakage and the formation of mildew and other harmful consequences. Thus, as soon as you notice this problem, do not make a delay in getting gutters cleaned either manually or by calling professionals.
- Changing Weather Season: Changing weather indicates the new season, either less or more rainfall. Gutters need to clean several times a year and changing weather is a good tell-tale sign to clean gutters. In case you are not sure whether this weather is right for hiring gutter cleaning services in London, speak to professionals.
- Too long to clean: Companies offering professional gutter cleaning services in London believe that it is necessary to clean gutters a minimum of two times a year. The frequency of gutter cleaning may increase from one property to another based on factors like the kind of property, and condition of gutters, to name a few. As per London’s weather conditions, the ideal time is in the spring and once before winter onset. Gutter cleaning is one of the most ignored household chores, therefore if you do not remember the last time you hired professionals, this is the time to take an action.
If you have a sturdy ladder and other cleaning equipment and have the confidence to clean gutters manually, it is a worth taking risk. Take a sturdy ladder to climb upstairs along with an empty bucket. Start taking out the unwanted elements from the gutters as much as possible. Take the help of a narrow garden trowel for scooping out the debris and make use of a stiff brush for removing stubborn grime. Afterward, wash out gutters by using a hose. Do not forget to wear gloves before starting with cleaning as cleaning with bare hands may lead to infection.
If water is not flowing freely even after following all these steps, this indicates that there is some obstruction. Try dislodging the pipes by inserting other cleaning tools like a plumber’s auger. Water is not flowing freely even after doing so, this is the high time to call professional gutter cleaners.
Advantages of Hiring Professionals
It is always beneficial to hire professional gutter cleaning services once a year. And even if you do not know about gutter cleaning, call London-based professionals a minimum twice a year to keep your property safe and secure. When you hire a professional company like Alex and Chris Window Cleaning Services, you will experience the following benefits:
- No blockage guarantee for 1 or 2 months
- Using professional tools and knowledge to clear gutters up to the 2nd floor
- Sharing pictures of clean and unclean gutters with clients
- Leaving the cleaning site after attaining the client’s satisfaction
- Willing to offer cleaning services even on weekdays and Public Holidays
- Great discounts for availing multiple cleaning services
- Accomplishing cleaning tasks without causing any damage to the property
Lastly, when you hire professional cleaners, they will give you reminders of the next cleaning schedule. You do not have to remember anything.
So, if you have clean gutters manually umpteen times, give a chance to professionals to showcase their talent and hard work. You will not be disappointed.