Though gutters are considered as an integral part of every home, it is the most overlooked part with when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. Believe it, blocked and moldy gutters look bad and even lead to serious structural problems in commercial and residential properties. They demand timely cleaning that too multiple times in a year. Therefore, it is a wise idea to call a professional gutter cleaning company in London and get them clean before they lead to expensive damages. But, hold on! Did you know when to call professionals? If not, then this guide will be an eye-opener.
There are many tell-tale signs indicating that gutters require professional cleaning. These signs are as follows:
- Presence of Animals & Pests by Roof: Dirty and clogged gutters attract animals, pests, and bugs. It is because gutters get clogged due to the presence of leaves, nuts, or twigs, which animals and bugs find useful. Leaving these unwanted things for a long duration may invite rodents also. So, if you observe a lot of animal or pest activity on the roof, it is a clear indication of clogged gutters.
- Plant Growth: Plants grow easily at such places where there enough soil and nutrients are present. No wonder, if you observe ideal plant growth in gutters. In dirty conditions, weeds are the common plants that grow but sometimes, over time, even flowers become to bloom. So, do not feel happy if you see any flowers blooming nearby or inside the gutters. Understand the real reason behind it and avail professional gutters cleaning services in London.
- Leaking Roof: Clogged or blocked gutters pose the biggest threat to structural problems of a house or a building. You might observe that roof is leaking especially during the rainy season. It is because the blocked gutters do not allow rainwater to pass through due to which build-up of water takes place and eventually leads to roof leakage. Thus, a leaking roof is one tell-tale sign which you cannot ignore as availing comprehensive gutter cleaning service is much cheaper than fixing your leaking roof.
- Sagging Gutters: Sometimes, the build-up of debris to an exorbitant level leads to gutters sagging. This condition is likely to occur if your gutter observes a lot of plant growth. During the rainy season, debris becomes heavy as leaves and plants soak all rainwater and make gutter much heavier. In such situations, if gutters cleaning services in London are not availed timely, gutters will become unstable and cause a huge loss to the property.
- Mildew and Staining Signs: The frequent rains cause staining and mildew and lead to splashing excess water onto the roof or walls of a house. Before gutters start overflowing, you will experience a pungent mildew smell or observe signs of staining beneath the gutters. So, take corrective action as soon as you observe these symptoms.
- Slippery Surfaces: What happens, water overflows from the clogged gutter due which to mold build-up takes place making the surface slippery after heavy rainfall. So, if you observe slippery surfaces around the gutter, it indicates that gutters are clogged.
When you avail of gutter cleaning services in London from a professional company like Alex and Chris Window Cleaning, the team cleans gutters in the most professional way. Primarily, they inspect the gutter and determine its condition. Based on the condition, they bring technology advanced wet vacuum machines that remove accumulated debris from gutters. The telescopic poles and a small camera are two things attached to the vacuum machines. The poles perform the role of cleaning gutters as high as 10 or 12 meters whereas the camera clicks the picture so that customers can get the idea of “before” and “after” cleaning. The job responsibilities of a professional gutter cleaning company do not end with cleaning gutters. They fix the minor repairs if required. They even share some valuable tips with clients regarding cleaning and maintenance of gutters for avoiding unnecessary risk and expensive repairs.
Many professional gutter cleaning companies even offer auxiliary cleaning services such as window cleaning, patio cleaning, end-of-tenancy cleaning, etc. So, if you hire such a company, you will remain in a profitable position. Hence, without any delay, check these signs in your gutter and call professionals if required.